ENOCHS, TEXAS is at the junction of State Highway 214 and Farm Road 54, three miles from the Cochran county line in southern Bailey County. It developed as a farming community and trading center beginning in the 1920s and reached a peak reported population of 250 in 1940, when it had five stores. In 1980 and 1990 its population was estimated at 164, and the town had several businesses and a post office. In 2000 the population was eighty with three remaining businesses. This old garage and fillig station, was not among them. It makes a great subject for a sketch of a time long past, though. This sketch was done on location with a Micron 03..watercolor added later.